Scamming Calls


Back when I was in college, somedays, someone would call my landline out of the blue saying, Thanks for your help! You just won a grand prize of X. I just need your Social Security Number (Or whatever).
I'd say, "Oh, you want to talk to my dad. Can I have him call you back?" 
Either the person would leave his/her name and number or call back that evening.
That was around 2007. Scam artists would call people randomly just to steal money, Identity Theft.

I listen to Sarah & Vinnie podcasts. They have weekly morning shows on Radio Alice @97.3. In a Secret Show podcast, Hooman mentions scam calls. The caller will say, We have kidnapped your family member, and will release him/her for this amount of money.

On July, 1st of this year, someone called my Apple iPhone while I was at work and left a voicemail. 

This call is from the Department of Social Security Administration. The reason you have received this phone call 
from our department is to inform you that we just suspended your Social Security number because we found some suspicious activity. So if you want to know about this case, just press 1. Thank you...

As soon as I heard the message, I started to wonder, what suspicious activity have I committed? That night I called Social Security Offices, and found out about scamming calls. I just needed to make sure!

This is ridiculous! First of all, the person who called my smartphone number spoke too much when referring to the "Department of Social Security Administration." I might have believed him had he said "This is the Social Security Administration." Plus his tone didn't sound serious. It's like when a cop pulls you over for speeding, his tone is serious. Deathly Serious. And police officers never smile. 🙂
If young people think they can commit identity theft, they should try getting real jobs. This is 2019. and stealing identities is childish!
Go get a job and pay bills! Good luck!

Comments

Popular Posts